Shift: M – W 7 am – 6 pm, Thursday 7 am – 1 pm.
Exempt, Pay Range: $40k – $45k, DOE
Our Lead Cook will be overseeing the operation of the kitchen, including food budgeting, ordering, menu planning, and coordinating with other aspects of the company to see that the needs of the patients are being met.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Manage food service budget and menu planning.
– Ordering and purchasing all food, beverages, kitchen equipment, kitchen supplies and dining hall supplies
– Oversee dietary needs of patients and addressing any specific and legitimate dietary requirements.
– Engaging with clients regarding nutrition and cooking education.
– Ensuring compliance with all regulatory requirements pertaining to food handling, food preparation, food services, the kitchen and its operation, and the dining hall.
– Supervising Food Services Staff and coordinating food needs with other departments.
– Overseeing client assistance with meal preparation.
– Provides support for clinical staff.
– Become familiar with 12 step and clinical processes.
– Follows and enforces rules and disciplinary procedures of the clients. Reports any inappropriate patient behaviors, in writing.
– In the event of a medical or clinical emergency or a natural disaster, (i.e., fire) safeguards lives and initiates the crisis management plan.
– Participates in Quality Assurance functions as assigned.
– Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Menu planning experience.
Possess or quickly attain a current First Aid Basic and CPR or greater.
Ability to communicate effectively.
A high school diploma or equivalent.
Demonstrate a basic understanding of the disease concept of Chemical Dependency through education, training, or life experience.
Demonstrate an aptitude for empathy and rapport building with patients.
Two-years’ experience in food service, management experience preferred.
Ability to manage a food service budget.
Demonstrates the following skills: respect, discretion-regarding self-disclosure, openness to feedback and giving objective feedback.
Ability to pass a pre-employment background check and drug test.
If in recovery, must have at least one continuous year of sobriety/abstinence.
SerVe Safe Certification
Excellent spoken, written, and interpersonal communication skills
Background in Nutrition.
Experience teaching cooking skills and nutrition.
About Triple Divide Lodge
Do you want your job to make a difference?
Do you want to affect the lives of young people who are struggling to overcome addiction?
At Triple Divide Lodge, Elevating Body, Mind, and Spirit is our mission. We are a dynamic residential treatment program assisting adolescent males engage in substance use recovery. Triple Divide Lodge is a treatment center located on an historic cattle ranch in Northwestern Montana.
Our program brings together the best of residential and adventure programming. We recognize the interconnected nature of people and the need to have that same support and collaboration in our team.