Teacher / Teacher Aide
Shift: Monday – Friday 8 am – 5 pm
Non-Exempt, $20 – $23, DOE
This role oversees Triple Divide Lodge’s academic programming. Ensuring that clients have the needed support structure and oversight to stay current or catch up academically, using virtual school. The Teacher / Learning Facilitator with collaborate with the clinical team and other staff as needed to ensure the success of clients.
Duties and Responsibilities:
– Ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures.
– Oversee client activities and safety.
– Assessments upon admission
– Supervising and assisting clients in their academic work.
– Collaborating with the clinical team and other staff members to ensure the success of the clients and the facilitation of a therapeutic environment.
– Facilitating implementation of virtual and physical course work.
– Acquiring the needed documents to enroll clients.
– Preparing documents for the transfer of earned credits as needed.
– Gaining proficiency in virtual school systems.
– Performs other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
– Assisting with and conducting case management.
– Administering screenings and assessments.
– Preparing needed progress reports and documentation.
Experience in Special Education is a plus.
Experience teaching, high school teaching experience preferred.
Ability to navigate and assist clients with a virtual school platform.
Bachelor’s degree in education or related field or equivalent experience.
Possessed excellent written, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Be able and willing to facilitate a therapeutic environment for clients within their care.
Ability to pass a pre-employment criminal background check.
Ability to pass a pre-employment drug test.
If recovering from addiction must have a minimum one year of continuous abstinence.
Proficient computer skills.
About Triple Divide Lodge
Triple Divide Lodge is the only program of its kind. It is a 90-day Residential Treatment Program for adolescent males 14-19.
We are a residential treatment program founded on 12 Step program that incorporate elements of adventure and wilderness therapy. We help young men struggling with substance use disorders and related co-occurring disorders.
Our clinical model helps clients overcome their substance use issue by getting outside of their comfort zones and experiencing the growth wilderness inspires.