Event and Race Coordinator at the Whitewater Center (Whitewater) is responsible for the coordination of all public-facing events. Typical events include, but are not limited to, single and multi-day Festivals, Whitewater Race Series events, Whitewater Film Series events, River Jam concerts, Yoga sessions, Adventure Dining, Winter programming, Outpost programming and all other established programming. The Event and Race Coordinator is an on-site, part-time, hourly role and reports directly to the Event and Race Manager.
• Aid in the planning, execution, reporting and follow up of all events.
• Assist in hiring, training, and scheduling hourly employees.
• Manage inventory of supplies and awards.
• Submit work orders and event orders for all events.
• Develop and update risk management plans and event standard operating procedures.
• Manage and set up packet pick-ups.
• Aid in the creation of course maps and assist in marking trails.
• Proactively research other community events tied to the active, outdoor lifestyle to stay current on industry trends.
• Update festival, events, and race pages on the website as needed with pertinent event information.
• Actively be involved in the running/climbing/biking community in greater Charlotte.
• Assist with communication between the events team and guests/participants.
• Aid in database management.
• Actively recruit volunteers for events.
• Assist in race day timing.
• Recruit on brand vendors for a variety of events.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Must be able to work outdoors for sustained periods of time in all weather and environmental conditions.
• Must be able to lift and carry at least 60 pounds.
• Must be able to bend, stand, lean, and kneel on a regular basis and for sustained periods of time.
• Must be able to safely self-transport over uneven terrain or in a confined space.
• Must be able to work in shared spaces with other employees and customers.
• All positions as Whitewater require employees to report and work onsite at Whitewater locations.
• Non Matching 401(k)
• Access to the Whitewater Center’s pass activities
• Staff discount program and pro deals
• A Bachelor’s Degree.
• Able to work well under pressure and make decisions independently.
• Resourceful, taking a solution-focused approach to conflict resolution.
• Outgoing, friendly, confident candidates with excellent communication skills.
• Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and during other Whitewater events as needed.
About U.S. National Whitewater Center
The U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) is dedicated to the promotion of the active lifestyle. Since 2006, the USNWC has been promoting access to the outdoors for all levels of participants through its 30+ land and water-based activities, outdoor instruction and certification programs, festivals, races, films, and various outdoor events throughout the year. Whether you visit the Center’s 1,300 acres on the Catawba River or engage in the brand’s mission through one of our off-site initiatives, the USNWC empowers guests to play, relax, and learn outside.