1. Understand and implement the Vision and Values of Camp Minikani and the YMCA.
2. Build relationships with campers, staff, AD Staff, Camping Services team, parents, and alumni.
3. Assume full responsibility for all the campers in your cabin 24 hours a day, besides from assigned time off.
4. Committed to making a positive impact in the lives of the kids we serve through teaching and participating in activities, social skills, and other aspects
5. Follow all camp and association policies and COVID-19 protocols in order to mitigate safety and health risks
6. Provide leadership trainees with formal evaluations to coach them on their developing leadership skills
7. Provide kids ages 7-17 exceptional programming and enriching life experiences through planning and executing activities.
8. Work to ensure that all campers and staff feel included, welcomed, and safe at camp
9. Be a role model to campers and staff
10. Have Fun!
Must be at least 18 years of age; First Aid, CPR, and AED certification required before the start of staff training (Y can provide training if needed). Lifeguard certification preferred, but not required; Must be able work outdoors for the majority of the day; Requires participation with and leadership of youth in a wide variety of physical activities; requires the ability to traverse the campgrounds on a frequent basis throughout the day
Model values of honesty, integrity and the ability to work well with a diverse population of members; Outstanding judgment and commitment to safe practices; Ability to plan and facilitate daily activities that are engaging and safe for campers; Compassion for all
comfortable with kids, enthusiastic about camp and the outdoors
About YMCA Camp Minikani
YMCA Camp Minikani is a non-profit camp operating as part of the YMCA of Metro Milwaukee. It is located in Hubertus, WI, approximately 35 minutes from downtown Milwaukee