The kitchen staff and server role includes assisting in the preparation of healthy and nutritious meals for participants, maintaining appropriate health standards, and serving. The kitchen staff and server will also set tables, clear tables, wash dishes and perform other cleaning as needed in the kitchen. If the kitchen staff and server has experience working with food allergies and a diverse population a plus!
Kitchen and server staff may include early mornings (breakfast), afternoons (lunch), evenings (dinner), and some weekends may be required depending on the kitchen needs.
As a kitchen and server staff you must enjoy a fun and interactive work environment, live entertainment (camp songs, etc.), and a lot of kid questions! Kitchen staff must have reliable transportation if they do not stay onsite,
1. Job Summary:
The Camp Kitchen Staff prepares and serves healthy and nutritious meals to camp participants and groups.?The incumbent maintains appropriate health standards and adequate levels of food supplies as directed by Cook or Kitchen Manager. The incumbent prepares food as directed by Cook or Kitchen Manager and performs other cleaning as directed.?
2. Essential Functions:
· Assists Cook or Kitchen Manager in preparing healthy and nutritious meals to camp participants and groups.
· Assists in serving healthy and nutritious meals to camp participants and groups.?
· Documents and reports when inventory quantities are low in stockroom, freezer and cooler.??
· Maintains clean and safe kitchen work areas, stockroom, freezer, refrigerator, dining room, dish room and loading dock in accordance with State of Minnesota/ Wisconsin health regulations.??
· Practices personal hygiene and cleanliness in handling food.?
This position reports to the Kitchen Manager who reports to the Food Service Manager or Camp Executive Director. This position may also take work direction from the Cook. The incumbent interacts regularly with other kitchen staff, campers, participants, volunteers, and staff.?
· Minimum Age of 16
· Effective interpersonal communication skills? ?
· Prior experience working in food preparation?
· Prior knowledge of kitchen operating procedures and food handling and storage?
· Education or training in nutrition.?
5. Work Conditions:
· Ability to lift, carry and push food carts up to 50 pounds.
· Requires ability to safely operate all necessary kitchen equipment and cleaning supplies.
· Ability to stand for long periods of time.
6. Additional Notes:
This job description represents the major functions of the position but is not intended to be all-inclusive. The incumbent is responsible for taking direction from the Executive Directors or their representatives in completing projects or performing duties deemed necessary for success.
About YMCA of the North
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Statement
YMCA of the North team members exemplify the association’s mission, vision and values – caring, equity, honesty, respect and responsibility – as well as the association’s commitment to diversity and inclusion for those within and outside of the organization. Team members demonstrate cultural competencies and respect for all people’s backgrounds and incorporate cultural, linguistic and familial values and beliefs into programming and organizational culture.
The YMCA of the North is committed to developing plans and strategies to ensure team members and volunteers reflect the demographics of communities being served, as well as providing team members with opportunities for learning and development to enhance diversity, equity and inclusion competencies.