We are looking for individuals interested in working as an educator in a hands-on, outdoor setting within a variety of our elementary educational programs. In the spring & fall, we host two after-school programs, lead Garden Classroom field trips, and run a Spring Break camp—all of which will be facilitated primarily by two instructors. During the summer, four instructors collaborate to implement our nine-week Summer Camp program. YGP Summer Camp provides much needed hands-on, high-quality child care for 1st – 6th graders during the summer break.
• Instructors must be at least 18 at the start of the season. Background check required.
• Instructors will work 35 hours per week on average during the spring/fall and 40 hours per week on average during the summer. The majority of the work day, especially during the summer season, is spent working directly with elementary-aged kids.
• Instructors should expect to be outside the majority of the day, in all-weather types.
• Responsible and reliable, with strengths in time management, prioritizing and delegating tasks
• Works well independently and in a team setting with an ability to communicate positively and effectively with staff and community members
• Demonstrates a strong work ethic and enthusiasm for the YGP mission
• Experience working directly with youth, an interest in experiential education, and a desire to work with children
• Problem solver who is flexible and able to improvise
• Hands-on agricultural/gardening
About Youth Garden Project
The Youth Garden Project (YGP) is a non-profit organization located in the beautiful red rock country of Moab, UT. Our mission is to “cultivate healthy children, families, and community through educational programs and connecting people with food from seed to table.” The garden is located on 1.5 acres adjacent to the high school and Mill creek, includes two outdoor classroom spaces, a chicken coop, a historic building which serves as our office, a commercial kitchen, a rabbit enclosure, two greenhouses, over 80 garden beds, and a fruit tree orchard.