The Member Support Coordinator is responsible for ensuring ongoing member management and support of young adult volunteers participating in conservation projects across the Southwest with ACE, and overseeing and coordinating the administrative AmeriCorps compliance needs of the ACE Southwest Crew Program. This dynamic position is office-based and works closely with all staff members and volunteers within the ACE Southwest Crew Program. The Member Support Coordinator will frequently interact with ACE’s members and staff, as well as the general public and as such is expected to maintain a professional demeanor, positive attitude, and willingness to act as an ambassador of ACE’s program at all times. The Member Support Coordinator will need to be flexible, adaptable, and enthusiastic while working in a fast-paced office environment in order to support our conservation crews.
This position will work closely with the Associate Director of Member Resources as well as with other coordinators on the Member Support Team and will also collaborate remotely with other ACE offices across the U.S. to ensure consistent communication and policy compliance across divisions.
The Member Support Coordinator’s two primary responsibility areas include:
1) Member onboarding, orientation, support, and management
– Engage, oversee, and support AmeriCorps & volunteer members during their ACE conservation service.
– Develop and maintain strong communication between ACE staff and all incoming and current AmeriCorps members; serve as one of the main points of contact for members.
– Maintain, develop, and disseminate member support materials in collaboration with other ACE departments.
– Coordinate orientation agenda and duties with ACE staff and co-lead the ACE/AmeriCorps orientations with the Outreach Coordinator and Associate Director for each cohort of conservation volunteers.
– Conduct and document required Mid-Term Evaluations and End-of-Term Evaluations with ACE AmeriCorps members.
– Provide performance and development feedback to members.
2) Administrative AmeriCorps program compliance
– Process administrative paperwork for AmeriCorps member term enrollments and exits through the AmeriCorps eGrants system by given deadlines.
– Data entry; upload and manage all member information in ACE’s internal database and spreadsheets for clear tracking of ACE Conservation Corps members across all divisions.
– Assist with AmeriCorps compliance, member file management, criminal history checks, and other enrollment duties.
-Assist the Member Management team to ensure on-boarding and exiting process runs smoothly for all new arrival groups; organize orientation materials and new member documentation; follow up on on-boarding and exiting items to make sure they’re completed on time; coordinate arrival details with incoming members.
About American Conservation Experience
Based in Flagstaff, Arizona, ACE's Southwest program operates year-round with young adult volunteer AmeriCorps crews completing trail, ecological restoration, historic preservation and conservation field projects throughout the southwest region of the US, from the depths of the Grand Canyon to the alpine pine forests of the Southern Rockies to the wild Saguaro forests of the Sonoran Desert and beyond!