Help us fuel all of camps programing by playing a role in our kitchen team! Many counselors spend half of their summer working with Manito-wish’s Executive Chef ensuring healthy dining experiences for everyone taking part in Camp. The kitchen is a fast-paced, community-oriented environment aimed at providing meals for hundreds of campers and staff, a crucial aspect of Camps ability to function.
1. Understand and believe in the Manito-wish Mission, which is to help campers increase in wisdom, stature and in favor with God and one another.
2. Understand and believe in YMCA core values of caring, honesty, respect, and responsibility.
3. Uphold rules and policies associated with Camp Manito-wish YMCA and support the group living experience.
4. Manage all risks associated with abuse as directed by Camp Manito-wish YMCA.
5. Actively participate in all required staff training sessions.
6. Log duties will include: assisting maintenance of property, driver or assistant to driver, sectional games, assisting in evening detail and or any other logistical responsibility above and beyond regular kitchen duties.
7. “Convoy” – act as camp representative on buses/vans bringing campers to and from camp at start and end of session as necessary
8. Being on time for each shift is expected. Come ready to work.
9. Prep work Duties:
• Follow all ServSafe protocols
• Work with shift supervisor to prep and prepare the daily meals.
• Help put food orders away and organize cooler/freezer/dry storage.
• Help dining room supervisor set up and break down Annex.
• Help serve prepared food to Nash waiters and take appropriate actions with returning food after meals are served.
10. Dish room personnel are responsible for:
• Food handling, putting away food orders, washing the dishes and keeping the dish room clean.
• You set up dish machine and break it down after each meal and de-lime the machine 1-2 times weekly.
• Placement and removal of floor mats in Kitchen and dish room.
• Take out trash, compost and recycling after or as needed, during each shift.
• Sweep and mop floors as needed and before ending each shift.
• Keeping dish racks and all silverware racks clean and orderly.
• Keep a temperature chart for the dish machine according to the directions on the chart.
1. Communicating and working effectively with groups of people
2. Visual and auditory ability to identify and respond to environmental and other hazards related to the kitchen
3. Ability to fill in where needed.
4. Ability to work safely according to health department and A.C.A. Standards.
5. Be friendly and courteous to all.
6. Come to work serious about your job and willing to have fun.
7. Have a respectful attitude toward Nash property and your fellow workers.
8. Be flexible.
About Camp Mantio-wish YMCA
Our 100+ year old Summer Camp provides a combination of traditional camp activities (archery, horsemanship, swimming, etc.) and wilderness tripping for youth entering 5th through 10th grade. There are separate 3-week boys and girls sessions, as well as 2-weeks of Family Camp. Boys Camp runs through June, Family Camp in early July, and Girls Camp from mid-July to mid-August. Our programming puts emphasis on the wilderness experience and we use it as a resource to facilitate growth and leadership development in partnership with our in-camp experience. Along with Summer Camp, Manito-wish is also features a robust wilderness expeditions program called Outpost and Leadership Program that facilitates teambuilding activities for a multitude of camp and community groups. We have full and part summer opportunities for staff members who are 18 years and older.