The COBS Logistics Coordinator (LC) is an entry level support position based in either the Southwest Program (SWP) of Moab, Utah or the Rocky Mountain Program (RMP) of Leadville, Colorado. It is a seasonal role starting in mid-May and ending in late August. The LC works under the supervision of the Warehouse Manager, the Logistics Manager, and the APD of Logistics and is responsible for coordinating course-related needs for students and staff such as transportation, gear, and food for our primarily wilderness-based courses. LCs also provide support to students, Instructors, and Course Directors before, during, and after course with planning and packing, supporting evacuations, and course debrief paperwork. LCs need to be collaborative, flexible, and hardworking with a commitment to ensuring a safe and quality educational experience for students and staff, which is essential to a successful COBS course experience. An LC must have the ability to problem solve, along with the capacity to develop a vision for the logistics function and design systems to support that vision.
• Personal commitment to, and working knowledge of, the work of diversity, equity, and inclusion.
• Comfort with a wide range of groups serving and educating youth to executive teams.
• Experience working in customer service or hospitality.
• Knowledge and experience with outdoor recreation and adventure education programs preferred.
• Ability to effectively work on diverse teams and with a diverse range of people and identities, including those that might be different than your own
• Experience working with youth.
• Certification in First Aid and CPR.
• Mental Health First Aid Certification: Available trainings can be found at https://www.mentalhealthfirstaid.org/population-focused-modules/youth/
About Colorado Outward Bound School
Working for COBS is so much more than just a job. We are in the business of changing lives – those of our students and of our staff. Whether joining for a few seasons or continuing on as a “lifer”, your experiences with COBS will impact the rest of your life – both professionally and personally. We are always on the lookout for mission-driven professionals who are excited to bring their unique experiences and skills to our team. In exchange, we provide the incredible growth opportunity that comes with living and working in a community of amazing people unafraid to shine, as well as offer elite training and professional development.