Your career starts with an unpaved trail.
Mile High Youth Corps provides an experience for young adults to learn from the journey and get paid today while blazing the trail of your future career.
Join us for our fall 2023 Rainbow Land Conservation Crew!
The Rainbow Affinity Crew is for LGBTQIA+ identifying participants (called Corpsmembers) to explore the natural resource management field, gain experience, and acquire technical skills in a safe and supportive environment. LGBTQIA+ stands for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, queer or questioning, intersex, asexual, and more.
Inclusivity is a core value at MHYC, and the Rainbow Crew embodies this value by helping to create a safe community for people of all types of sexuality and gender identities. Aligning with the strategic priorities of the major federal land management agencies, our goal is to promote a more inclusive public lands workforce informed by diverse perspectives and voices. This crew will be led and supported by Crew Leaders and staff that identify as part of the LGBTQIA+ community and be provided with educational opportunities aimed at further understanding and exploring historically marginalized identities.
The Land Conservation crews are team-based, 10 week-long programs for individuals between the ages 18-24. Land Conservation participants (called Corpsmembers) serve on environmental stewardship projects on public lands throughout the Southern Front Range area. Corpsmembers will be enrolled in AmeriCorps—a national community service program. This means, get paid $1,120 biweekly while doing what you love and earn a scholarship of $1374.60.
Never had a job outside? Not sure if you like this kind of work? That’s okay! Our goal is to support you with the knowledge and team that you need to be successful. We will provide you with hands-on training related to all projects. All we ask is that you bring your dedication to hard work, a positive attitude, and a commitment to a year you’ll never forget.
• Between the ages of 18-24.
• High school or GED/HSE graduate or still enrolled.
• Must be eligible for enrollment in AmeriCorps as a US Citizen, National or Lawful Permanent Resident. Documentation will be required on the first day. Must bring identification documents necessary to complete the I-9 and other forms on your first day.
• Must be physically fit, able to lift 50 lbs., spend 8-10 hours a day in all weather conditions (e.g., sun, heat, wind, rain, etc.) and hike 7 miles with a day-
• Pre-service National Service Criminal History Check required; this position does not have recurring access to vulnerable populations.
• Corpsmembers must not engage in any prohibited activities as listed in the AmeriCorps Member Service Agreement.
• This position reports to Program Coordinator: Land Conservation.
• Service location: 417 E. Vermijo Avenue, Colorado Springs, CO 80903.
About Mile High Youth Corps
Mile High Youth Corps helps youth make a difference in themselves and in their communities through meaningful service opportunities and educational experiences.