Join us for our 2023 Community Climate Ambassador Program! The Community Climate Ambassador program is a team-based, 48 week program for individuals between the ages 18-24. Participants (called Climate Action Corpsmembers) serve as community connectors and educate local residents on the issues of climate change, heat vulnerability, and water scarcity. Corpsmembers will be enrolled in AmeriCorps—a national community service program.
Corpsmembers will earn up to $36,255 over a 48 week term of service in total compensation.
Never had a job in community education before? Not sure if you like this kind of work? That’s okay! Our goal is to support you with the knowledge and support that you need to be successful. We will provide you with hands-on training related to all projects, and skills and certificates that will lead you to a future in green industries.
All we ask is that you bring your dedication to hard work, a positive attitude, and a commitment to a service term you’ll never forget.
• Between 18-24 years old. Must be eligible for enrollment in AmeriCorps as a US Citizen, National, or Lawful Permanent Resident. Documentation will be required on the first day.
• High School Diploma or currently working towards GED/High School Equivalency required.
• English proficiency; preferred: bi-lingual, Spanish speaking applicants.
• Capable of participating in physical labor including but not limited to: ability to lift 50 lbs., able to conduct repetitive hand and arm motions, and abl
• This program requires some Corpsmembers to be program drivers; driver eligibility requirements: minimum 21 years old, valid driver’s license, and insurable DMV record. (Driver eligibility not required for application)
• This position has recurring access to vulnerable populations and therefore enrollees must complete a pre-service background check including fingerprinting.
• Must not engage in any prohibited activities listed in the AmeriCorps member service agreement and must adhere to rules and regulat
About Mile High Youth Corps
Mile High Youth Corps helps youth make a difference in themselves and in their communities through meaningful service opportunities and educational experiences.