Fall Forestry (FF) is a team-based, 10 week-long program. FF participants (called Corpsmembers) serve on environmental stewardship projects on public lands throughout the Southern Front Range region. Corpsmembers will be enrolled in AmeriCorps—a national community service program. No experience is required! We will provide you with hands-on training related to all projects.
• Between the ages of 18-24.
• High school or GED/HSE graduate or still enrolled.
• Must be eligible for enrollment in AmeriCorps as a US Citizen, National or Lawful Permanent Resident. Documentation will be required on the first day. Must bring identification documents necessary to complete the I-9 and other forms on your first day.
• Must be physically fit, able to lift 50 lbs., spend 8-10 hours a day in all weather conditions (e.g., sun, heat, wind, rain, etc.) and hike 7 miles with a d
• Pre-service National Service Criminal History Check required; this position does not have recurring access to vulnerable populations.
• Corpsmembers must not engage in any prohibited activities as listed in the AmeriCorps Member Service Agreement.
• This position reports to Program Coordinator: Land Conservation. • Service location: 417 E. Vermijo Avenue, Colorado Springs, CO 80903.
About Mile High Youth Corps
Mile High Youth Corps helps youth make a difference in themselves and in their communities through meaningful service opportunities and educational experiences.