The Program Manager (PM) is an integral part of the NWOBS Odin Falls Leadership Team (OLT) and will assist with overall day-to-day wilderness program management. The PM works to provide daily leadership, administrative support, and management of the Odin Falls basecamp and associated programming. Responsibilities include course directing, training, coaching of course directors and trainers, ensuring quality training, programming, community building, curriculum development, and some aspects of business management.
• 2+ years in the field of outdoor education and 1+ year team management and supervisory experience.
• Experience in at least one of the NWOBS Oregon course activities: backpacking, mountaineering, rock climbing, or rafting.
• A demonstrated commitment to engaging in equity, inclusion, and diversity efforts (either within a professional or personal setting).
• Possess a current Wilderness First Responder and CPR certification or willing to obtain before start date.
• Experience working with students from a broad range of identities, particularly students with marginalized identities, and the ability to facilitate a positive group environment on course, on base, and in any other NWOBS context.
• Able to participate in moderate to vigorous physical activity including, but not limited to: running, swimming, backpacking and mountaineering.
• Able to lift and move a minimum of 40 lbs., and able to carry pack weight of up to 60 lbs.
● Experience working out of the NWOBS Odin Falls basecamp and course area is preferred.
About Northwest Outward Bound School
With over 50 years of innovation in experiential and outdoor education in the Pacific Northwest, Northwest Outward Bound School (NWOBS) continues to change lives through challenge and discovery.
Our transformative and educational wilderness courses are set in some of the most dramatic and stunning parts of the United States. NWOBS was founded in 1965 and facilitates wilderness-based programs in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho, and serves urban youth, schools, and partner organizations in the Portland metropolitan area. As an Outward Bound School, we are committed to the core values of compassion, integrity, excellence, inclusion, and diversity. NWOBS strives to achieve the following outcomes: building character, developing leadership skills, and creating an ethic of social and environmental responsibility.