Salary: $130-$150 per day + $500 end-of-season bonus!
◊ Free room and board ◊ Employee Assistance Plan ◊ Industry Pro-Deals ◊ 50% course tuition discounts for staff and their family members
Our Base Camp Cook position is a unique and essential position which supports our mission to change lives through challenge and discovery through the universal language of food! Our Base Camp Cook will be a key part of our welcoming and inclusive community. Located in the beautiful adventure-hub of Mazama, WA, this position kicks off on April 15th and runs full time until courses slow on August 23rd, and it continues until early November on either full or part time (~2/3rds time), depending on course scheduling. Benefits will remain the same throughout.
JOB RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
· Create nutritious, delicious, and balanced lunches and dinners for base camp staff
· Enthusiastically accommodate special diets and food preferences with reasonable alternatives
· At times, plan meals for special events of up to 55+ people
· In addition to meal preparation, ensure an ample supply of healthy and hearty snacks, breakfast items, and ingredients for cooking on days off
· Inventory, order, and (re)stocking
· Develop relationships with local food producers in order to integrate more local and sustainably-grown foods into our food program.
· 21+ years old
· CPR/First Aid
· Prior food service experience
· Food handler’s card (or ability to obtain one before start date)
· WFA/WFR (preferred)
About Northwest Outward Bound School
With over 50 years of innovation in experiential and outdoor education in the Pacific Northwest, Northwest Outward Bound School (NWOBS) continues to change lives through challenge and discovery.
Our transformative and educational wilderness courses are set in some of the most dramatic and stunning parts of the United States. NWOBS facilitates wilderness-based programs in Oregon, Washington, and Idaho, and also serves urban youth and schools in the Portland metropolitan area. As an Outward Bound School, we are committed to the core values of compassion, integrity, excellence, equity, and inclusion, and strive to achieve the following outcomes: building character, developing leadership skills, and creating an ethic of social and environmental responsibility.