Trail Crew Technical Advisor – Four positions to be filled
Southern California/Northern California – week of April 12 to week of November 13 19 (31 weeks*)
Southern California/Northern California – week of April 12 to week of December 11 (35 weeks*)
Northern California/Southern Oregon – week of May 29 to week of October 9 (19 weeks*)
Oregon/Southern Washington – week of June 12 to week of September 25 (15 weeks*)
*anticipated length of seasons
In this position, you will have the opportunity to:
• Work with and supervise volunteer & corps crew trail crews while teaching trail maintenance skills
• Coordinate and oversee a variety of projects on the Pacific Crest Trail
• Manage project planning, backcountry logistics, and project implementation
• Conduct trail assessments accompanied by new trail design & layout (Northern California/Southern Oregon position only)
This is a full-time hourly seasonal staff position working on trail projects. Weekly compensation will depend on project schedule but will average between $600-$800. Vehicle restricted to work-related travel will be provided as needed. Benefits may be provided depending on the length of the seasonal position.
Positions are open until filled. Additional information on this position and Pacific Crest Trail Association are online at www.pcta.org. For questions, contact Jennifer Tripp at (916) 243-9923 or by email at [email protected]
PCTA is an equal opportunity employer. PCTA policy prohibits discrimination on the basis of race or perceived race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, sexual orientation, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship status, veteran status, physical or mental disability, medical condition including genetic characteristics, arrest record, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws.
We are seeking applicants with:
• Minimum of two years of relevant professional experience or five years of substantial volunteer experience
• Experience in training, managing, and leading trail crews
• Extensive knowledge of safety protocols
• Trail design, construction, and maintenance skills
Additional qualifications detailed in Job Announcement located at https://www.pcta.org/about-us/jobs/
About Pacific Crest Trail Association
Work passionately on behalf of the finest long-distance National Scenic Trail in the western United States. Work for the Pacific Crest Trail Association!
The Pacific Crest Trail Association is singularly focused on keeping the Pacific Crest National Scenic Trail open for generations to come. PCTA is headquartered in Sacramento, Calif., but our full-time staff and network of thousands of volunteers and donors are spread far and wide. Together, we protect, preserve and promote one of the best trail experiences on Earth.