– Helping order food needed for trips; organizing and packing food for all-day and overnight trips
– Maintaining a clean, orderly and organized environment for food packing and trip preparation
– Receiving a ServSafe Food Handler Certification
– Prepping the “Outcamp” area before and after trips (putting out necessary food stuffs, equipment, picking up trash and recycling, cleaning up after trips depart/return, managing cook-kit cleaning area, etc.)
– Assisting counselors and trip leaders during their pre-trip departure times (distributing food, helping campers pack, etc.)
– Making necessary shopping trips to purchase specialty or bulk foodstuffs (MUST HAVE A CLEAN DRIVING RECORD)
– Assisting and/or leading on or off camp trips, activities, programs and special events
– Being responsible for table supervision at meals
– Providing tent or cabin coverage for other counselors and staff as needed–occasionally requiring you to spend the night in another cabin/tent
– Participating in evening activities (walking ridges, organizing program…)
– Being flexible in response to current and emergency situations and to shifts in responsibilities and assignments when camp is underway
About Sanborn Western Camps
Rated “best outdoor camp in the country” By Outside Magazine
Sanborn Western Camps is a outdoor adventure residential camp in Colorado. Sanborn provides a unique opportunity to benefit from quality time spent in the natural world as a teacher, mentor and friend to kids from all over the world. We give kids the opportunity to grow as young men and women while climbing 14ers, riding horses and living together in the outdoors.
We are located on 6,000 private acres surrounded by 35,000 acres of National Forest and the 6,000 acre Florissant Fossil Beds National Monument. The wildflower-filled mountain meadows, open pine
Sanborn Western Camps is located at elevation of 8600 ft in the Rocky Mountains of central Colorado, 35 miles west of Colorado Springs.
The Space, People and Time of Sanborn are three key aspects of who we are and set the stage for life changing experiences.
We hope you’ll check us out and watch our intro to trips video clip: https://youtu.be/l5HFKz-Krdk