The Green Urban Lunch Box is hiring a 1200 hr AmeriCorps Harvest Leader Position in our FruitShare program. This position is based in Salt Lake City, UT and will begin on January 9, 2023 and end on October 31, 2023. The AmeriCorps Harvest Leader is an essential team member who will support our mission to rescue fruit from going to waste to feed hungry families with healthy and fresh food. The Harvest Leader position is offered through Utah Conservation Corps and is a great opportunity to learn about how to care for and harvest fruit trees, community organizing, and hunger relief efforts in our community. Join us this season and apply today!
● Prune fruit trees around the city in the wintertime
● Fertilize fruit trees with organic compost tea in the spring
● Thin and harvest fruit trees in the spring-fall season
● Educate homeowners and volunteers about fruit tree care and fruit rescue
● Lead community harvest events with volunteers
● Organize fruit harvested for distribution
● Attend staff meetings 2x/month and participate in organizational events
● Must be a US Citizen or Permanent Resident
● At least age 18 by the start of service term
● Must have a high school diploma or equivalent
● Must undergo and pass a National Criminal History Check
● Eligible to serve in an AmeriCorps State/National term
● Commitment to completing their Term of Service (start date-end date)
● Ability to work 30hrs/week
● Physical ability to lift 50 lbs, carry ladders, and climb trees
● A valid Utah driver's license
● A positive and professional manner with diverse populations
About Utah Conservation Corps
Utah Conservation Corps is an AmeriCorps program made up of members, staff, and partners dedicated to service to our community and environment. We engage in projects throughout the state of Utah that address goals relating to environmental conservation, leadership, education, and sustainability.
UCC AmeriCorps members have committed to a term of service for their country that may range from 3 months to a year. Our members are individuals seeking opportunities to give back, to improve the environment and explore the beauty of Utah's public lands. Many of our members are current students or recent graduates looking to gain experience in the fields of natural resource conservation, education, or social services.
Utah Conservation Corps is a program of Utah State University's Center for Community Engagement.