Up to Two (2) positions will be filled and located out of Duchesne, Utah.
Trails Crewmembers perform developmental assignments in support of the district trail programs within the Ashley National Forest.
Candidates for the crew positions should have a sound knowledge of working outdoors and the use of small tools. All candidates must possess a valid state driver’s license and may be required to attain a government driver’s license to operate a 4×4 pickup truck and able to haul a 1,000 lb. utility trailer. Training and certification are provided by the agency.
To view the full Position Description and apply for this job, please go to this link: https://careers-usu.icims.com/jobs/6280/recreation-crew-%28trail-crew%29-corpsmember–duchesne-ucc-usfs/job?mobile=false&width=1290&height=500&bga=true&needsRedirect=false&jan1offset=-420&jun1offset=-360
• Valid driver’s license and good driving record. Drive government vehicle as required for the position.
• Must successfully pass a fingerprint criminal history background check.
• U.S. citizen, national or lawful permanent resident.
• Excellent written and oral communication skills.
• Excellent organizational and computer skills
• An independent, self-motivated, creative, and resourceful individual able to work with diverse groups of people.
• A cooperative manner and the ability to serve as part of a team, but the ability to work independently. Work a flexible schedule, including some evenings and weekends.
Strongly prefer experience in working outdoors
About Utah Conservation Corps
Utah Conservation Corps is an AmeriCorps program made up of members, staff, and partners dedicated to service to our community and environment. We engage in projects throughout the state of Utah that address goals relating to environmental conservation, leadership, education, and sustainability.
UCC AmeriCorps members have committed to a term of service for their country that may range from 3 months to a year. Our members are individuals seeking opportunities to give back, to improve the environment and explore the beauty of Utah's public lands. Many of our members are current students or recent graduates looking to gain experience in the fields of natural resource conservation, education, or social services.
Utah Conservation Corps is a program of Utah State University's Center for Community Engagement.