The Raft Operations Supervisor at the Whitewater Center (Whitewater) is responsible for the oversight of guide scheduling and trip capacity management for the rafting operations of the Whitewater Center. As part of the leadership team, the Raft Supervisor will also assist in managing the day-to-day operations, training, recruiting, emergency response calls, winter programming and other special projects as needed. This position is an on-site, full-time, benefits-eligible position that reports to the Activities Director.
• Maintain a logistical framework for both weekly scheduling and raft capacity planning.
• Be the direct liaison for booking groups with the Outdoor School and Groups Sales.
• Create and implement strategies for efficient scheduling communications.
• Play a key role in the daily management of rafting operations, including but not limited to – engaging guest needs, scheduling needs, emergency response calls, training guides, guiding trips, and assessing equipment.
• Work with the management team to create operational efficiencies to further the growth of the department.
• Other duties as assigned.
• A degree in Operations Management, Recreation Management, or another related field.
• Prior experience guiding and training guides in up to class IV whitewater.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Excel.
• Prior experience teaching, coaching, and developing curriculum in a non-formal setting.
• Prior management experience required, ideally managing a whitewater outfitter.
• Patient and organized with a focus on safety.
• Excellent communication skills.
• Complete an approved raft guide training.
• Must be able to work outdoors for sustained periods of time in all weather and environmental conditions.
• Must be able to lift and carry at least 75 pounds.
• Must be able to bend, stand, lean, and kneel on a regular basis and for sustained periods of time.
• Must be able to safely self-transport over uneven terrain or in a confined space.
• Must be able to work in shared spaces with other employees and customers.
About Whitewater Center
The U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) is dedicated to the promotion of the active lifestyle. Since 2006, the USNWC has been promoting access to the outdoors for all levels of participants through its 30+ land and water-based activities, outdoor instruction and certification programs, festivals, races, films, and various outdoor events throughout the year. Whether you visit the Center’s 1,300 acres on the Catawba River or engage in the brand’s mission through one of our off-site initiatives, the USNWC empowers guests to play, relax, and learn outside.