You will manage and grow our ~$600,000 grant program. You will work closely with the
executive director to ensure that we meet both annual and long-term fundraising goals. You
will be an integral part of our development team that includes the executive director, associate
director and another development associate who manages our major donor and planned giving
programs. In addition, you will work with program and communications staff through the grant
writing and reporting process. You will:
● Produce a range of high-impact, persuasive communications on tight
deadlines—including grant proposals, impact reports, and donor solicitations.
● Skillfully grasp complex conservation concepts and distill them into crisp, well-
organized, and compelling fundraising pitches for a variety of audiences.
● Work with conservation advocates and communications staff to identify key stories for
grant proposals and reports.
● Ensure grant proposals and reports are submitted in a timely fashion, with close input
from program staff.
● Effectively use our database to track, manage and steward relationships with current
and prospective foundations.
● Passionately and persuasively articulate our mission and vision in a compelling and
● Write proposals and reports geared toward different foundation audiences.
● Maintain a portfolio of 10-15 foundations.
● Work with the development team and program staff to research new foundations.
● Work with the associate director to draft compelling annual solicitation letters.
● Draft fundraising content for annual report, biannual Frontline, major donor reports, and
other content as needed.
● Support the Outdoor Council’s communications team as needed with editing and
About Wyoming Outdoor Council
The Wyoming Outdoor Council is Wyoming’s oldest independent conservation organization. Founded in 1967, we are a member-based advocacy group. We use scientific, legal, and policy expertise to advocate the protection of public lands, wildlife, and clean air and water. We provide support and resources to empower citizens to do the same. We bring people and groups together to find workable solutions to tough conservation problems.
The Wyoming Outdoor Council offers excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits; generous paid family leave and vacation policies; and the opportunity to participate in a retirement plan. Job title and scope of responsibilities may change depending upon experience. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our work.