● Work with the development team to create annual and 2-5 year strategies for major gifts,
membership, and foundations.
● Ensure the team raises $1.3 million annually and meets the current campaign goals
(annual, campaign and planned giving), ending in December 2023.
● Manage a discrete portfolio of major donors and solicit major gifts around the state.
● Involve the Executive Director and other key conservation and development staff in
major donor cultivation and solicitation meetings.
● Supervise a major donor development associate.
● Collaborate on major donor communications, including:
● Biannual stewardship reports for major donors. These include in-depth updates on
our program work.
● Planned giving solicitations and educational materials.
● Fundraising content for annual report and biannual Frontline.
● Work closely with the Associate Director to track annual income and campaign progress.
● Oversee and grow membership in the Tom Bell Legacy Society, the Outdoor Council’s
planned giving program.
● Engage and train the Wyoming Outdoor Council’s board of directors to assist in
About Wyoming Outdoor Council
The Wyoming Outdoor Council is Wyoming’s oldest independent conservation organization. Founded in 1967, we are a member-based advocacy group. We use scientific, legal, and policy expertise to advocate the protection of public lands, wildlife, and clean air and water. We provide support and resources to empower citizens to do the same. We bring people and groups together to find workable solutions to tough conservation problems.
The Wyoming Outdoor Council offers excellent medical, dental, and vision benefits; generous paid family leave and vacation policies; and the opportunity to participate in a retirement plan. Job title and scope of responsibilities may change depending upon experience. We are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion in all aspects of our work.