The ideal candidate is professional, proactive, dependable, with “team first” drive. This candidate will always jump in to support their team without question. The coordination position is responsible for work which includes food shopping, trip preparation, clean-up, and equipment upkeep for rafting trips. The candidate must have a valid driver’s license and be willing to drive in the tri-county area and must be able to pass a background check.
1. The logistics position is responsible for being the lead in rigging, de-rigging, packing, unpacking, food prep, and gear maintenance. Candidate must be capable of physical activity including but not limited to loading and unloading gear and manipulating a vehicle with trailer. Must be capable of lifting and carrying up to 50 pounds. Occasional lifting/carrying of up to 100 lbs. required.
2. Oversee the packing and unpacking of all equipment related to a trip. Packing for a trip includes food shopping, food prep, cooler pack, gear pack, and vehicle checks. Unpacking after a trip includes the cleaning, drying, and the proper storage of equipment, cleaning of vans and trailers as well as facility upkeep and organization.
3. Must complete assigned or delegated trip paperwork in a neat and timely manner.
Ideal candidates possess:
• Organization skills
• Previous experience working with outdoor gear
• Clean driving record and valid driver's license
• Capacity for sustained physical activity, including but not limited to loading and unloading gear
About Colorado Canyons Association
Colorado Canyons Association fosters community stewardship, education, and awareness of our National Conservation Lands with a focus on McInnis Canyons, Dominguez-Escalante, and Gunnison Gorge National Conservation Areas (NCAs) in western Colorado.