The Whitewater Center is rooted in the belief that we all share a genetic code that compels us to play outside and share these experiences with others. Being one of the largest tourist destinations in the Carolinas, the Whitewater Center is seeking out qualified Operations Managers to oversee daily operations of multiple business units.
• Lead, motivate and support a large team within a high volume and a demanding environment
• Develop, implement, and maintain quality assurance and safety protocols
• Leverage business metrics and trends to drive performance and maximize profit and revenue
• Maintain a keen awareness of how the brand is being represented and demonstrate a relentless pursuit of meeting the brand promise
• Utilize keys tools and metrics to measure team results and hold the team accountable to established goals and objectives
• Be a key leader in the planning and execution of existing and new programming.
• Accountable for P&L of various business units
• Other duties as assigned
Full-time, Year Round
Director of Operations
Staff Discount Program
Health, Dental, Vision
Flexible Spending Account
Paid Time Off
The U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) is dedicated to the promotion of the active, outdoor lifestyle. We are a team whose culture and work environment facilitates real engagement through real experiences. Since 2006, the USNWC has engaged all levels of participants through its activity passes, instruction, and youth programming as well as its festivals, races, and other outdoor events. Opportunities can be found at the USNWC for those interested in active summer jobs, a gateway into the outdoor lifestyle, or furthering your career in the outdoor industry.
• Bachelors degree in Management, Business, Hospitality, Outdoor Recreation or equivalent
• 5+ years of experience in management and/or leadership
• Experience managing P&L
• Comfortable with physically demanding duties including extended presence in outdoor environments
• Ability to think critically, be proactive and be a self-starter
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills
About U.S. National Whitewater Center
The U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) is dedicated to the promotion of the active lifestyle. Since 2006, the USNWC has been promoting access to the outdoors for all levels of participants through its 30+ land and water-based activities, outdoor instruction and certification programs, festivals, races, films, and various outdoor events throughout the year. Whether you visit the Center’s 1,300 acres on the Catawba River or engage in the brand’s mission through one of our off-site initiatives, the USNWC empowers guests to play, relax, and learn outside.