Operations Managers at the Whitewater Center (Whitewater) oversee the daily operations of multiple business units. This position is an on-site, full-time, benefits eligible role that reports directly to the Director of Operations.
• Lead, motivate and support a large team within a high volume and a demanding environment.
• Develop, implement, and maintain quality assurance and safety protocols.
• Leverage business metrics and trends to drive performance and maximize profit and revenue.
• Utilize key tools and metrics to measure team results and hold the team accountable to established goals and objectives.
• Be a key leader in the planning and execution of existing and new programming.
• Accountable for P&L of various business units.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s degree in Management, Business, Hospitality, Outdoor Recreation or equivalent.
• 5+ years of experience in management and/or leadership.
• Experience managing P&L.
• Ability to think critically and be proactive.
• Excellent Microsoft Office skills.
• Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, holidays and during Whitewater events as needed.
• Must be able to work outdoors for sustained periods of time in all weather and environmental conditions.
• Must be able to lift and carry at least 50 pounds.
• Must be able to bend, stand, lean, and kneel on a regular basis and for sustained periods of time.
• Must be able to safely self-transport over uneven terrain or in a confined space.
• Must be able to work in shared spaces with other employees and customers.
• All positions as Whitewater require employees to report and work onsite at Whitewater locations.
Access to Whitewater Center’s pass activities
Staff discount program and pro deals
Health, Dental, Vision, FSA
Paid Time Off
About U.S. National Whitewater Center
The U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) is dedicated to the promotion of the active lifestyle. Since 2006, the USNWC has been promoting access to the outdoors for all levels of participants through its 30+ land and water-based activities, outdoor instruction and certification programs, festivals, races, films, and various outdoor events throughout the year. Whether you visit the Center’s 1,300 acres on the Catawba River or engage in the brand’s mission through one of our off-site initiatives, the USNWC empowers guests to play, relax, and learn outside.