The Guest Services Assistant Manager is a key leadership position with a critical role in the fulfillment of the Whitewater Center brand promise of delivering high quality experiences. The Guest Services Department serves as the point of contact for all Whitewater Center guests to facilitate customer engagement at the facility. The Guest Services Assistant Manager assists in leading the team of front-line staff responsible for assisting and guiding guests through their visit. Staff recruitment, training, and coaching are critical to the success of this role, as is effective problem solving and strategic thinking. The Guests Services Assistant Manager position is a full-time, benefits-eligible role that reports to the Guest Services Manager.
• Oversee the operation of various guest services locations and processes including pass sales, gear rentals, equipment storage, security, parking, custodial services, guest feedback, and inquiries.
• Execution of processes and procedures to ensure cleanliness, quality, consistent guest service delivery, and staff.
• Manage first encounters with guests and act as a first responder to guest needs and issues
• Maintain a keen awareness of how the brand is being represented and demonstrate a relentless pursuit of meeting the brand promise.
• Manage an efficient operation, demonstrate fiscal awareness, and continuously ensure the proper execution of tasks and utilization of resources.
• Participate in collaborative, strategic meetings with the aim of improving efficiency and guest experience.
• Oversee the recruiting, training, scheduling, coaching, and day-to-day management of Guest Services staff.
• Ensure that staff create a friendly and welcoming atmosphere for all guests and have in-depth knowledge of the organization, products, and services offered
• A Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Hospitality, Management, or another related field is preferred.
• 3 years of management-level experience in guest services, customer service, or the hospitality industry.
• Excellent customer service and communication skills.
• Ability to work well under pressure in a calm, mature, process-driven manner.
• Ability to process unique circumstances and provide positive resolution.
• Maintain a flexible schedule for varied workweeks and regular availability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
• Must be able to safely self-transport over uneven terrain or in a confined space
• Must be able to stand for sustained periods of time
• Must be able to lift and move at least 50 pounds
• Comfortable with physically demanding duties related to the team’s area of focus
Access to Whitewater Center’s pass activities
Staff discount program and pro deals
Health, Dental, Vision, FSA
Paid Time Off
About U.S. National Whitewater Center
The U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) is dedicated to the promotion of the active lifestyle. Since 2006, the USNWC has been promoting access to the outdoors for all levels of participants through its 30+ land and water-based activities, outdoor instruction and certification programs, festivals, races, films, and various outdoor events throughout the year. Whether you visit the Center’s 1,300 acres on the Catawba River or engage in the brand’s mission through one of our off-site initiatives, the USNWC empowers guests to play, relax, and learn outside.