This position is responsible for administering a Challenge Course facility and Challenge Experience teambuilding program in the areas of program development, program administration, challenge course operations, facility management, employee supervision and development, and other initiatives within Outdoor Pursuits and the Department of Recreation Services. The Challenge Course Senior Coordinator supervises 2 half-time seasonal managers and 25+ student and non-student hourly employees.
This is a professional exempt full-time position reporting to the Assistant Director of Outdoor Pursuits, within the Department of Recreation Services. The purpose of Outdoor Pursuits is to provide opportunities for physical and social interaction, student development, student employment, safe-risk taking, skill development, environmental awareness, and ultimately a healthier University community.
Complete Job posting:
Salary & Benefits:
• The salary range is $50,000 – $54,000 annually.
• Onboarding assistance is available within Student Affairs division guidelines.
• The University of Colorado offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO Pass. The University of Colorado Boulder is one of the largest employers in Boulder County and offers an inspiring higher education environment. Learn more about the University of Colorado Boulder.
• Bachelor’s degree in Outdoor Recreation, Education, Natural Sciences or related field. An equivalent combination of education and experience may substitute.
• CPR/First Aid/AED, must obtain and maintain within 3 months of employment.
• Current ACCT Level 2 Practitioner Certification or ability to obtain.
• Documented 40 hours training and 300 hours program delivery at a challenge course, ropes course, or teambuilding program including low elements facilitation and high elements facilitation.
• Ability to independently manage program, staff, and facility with minimal supervision.
• Strong interpersonal skills.
• Good communication skills both written and verbal.
• Excellent risk management judgment.
• Experience planning and implementing programs.
• Experience with training, teaching, or instruction.
• ACCT Level 2 Practitioner Certification or higher.
• Experience managing a challenge course.
• Experience providing facilitator training.
• Documented 80 hours training and 500 hours program delivery at a challenge course, ropes course, or teambuilding program including low elements facilitation and high elements facilitation on a dynamic belay course.
About CU Boulder Outdoor Pursuits
This position is in Outdoor Pursuits, within the Department of Recreation Services, at the University of Colorado, Boulder.
The purpose of Outdoor Pursuits is to provide opportunities for physical and social interaction, student development, student employment, safe-risk taking, skill development, environmental awareness, and ultimately a healthier University community.
The University of Colorado Boulder is committed to building a culturally diverse community of faculty, staff, and students dedicated to contributing to an inclusive campus environment. We are an Equal Opportunity employer, including veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Recreation Services is a valued campus resource and partner dedicated to supporting student success. We offer a variety of high quality, convenient, innovative and inclusive ways to help you connect with yourself and your campus community. The Rec is a LEED Platinum (highest ranking sustainable de