The individual who fills this position will be the primary leader responsible for creating and executing the plan to grow the Discover Term (DT) mission: to empower teens at critical growth stages to awaken their senses, activate their untapped potential, and ignite their passion for life, learning, and adventure.
The ideal candidate for this role cares deeply about empowering 6-9th graders to explore their potential, push their personal boundaries, and become caring and accountable humans. In order to thrive in this role, you must have proven experience inspiring both teenagers and adults to rally around your ideas, be exceptionally well organized, and show a proven ability to deliver sales and operational results.
• Attract, qualify, close (60 days before each term with DT founder approval) and train all required team members for Surf Term and Powder Term.
• Attract, qualify, close, and manage all key supplier relationships that enable the on-site team to execute the Discover Term mission at Powder Term and Surf Term. (ex. Safari Surf, Black Diamond Lodge etc.)
• Create and distribute all pre, during, and post-term communications to parents and students.
• Manage the term budgets
Grow the Business
Objective: As the CEO at Discover Term you will amplify our mission by creating industry partnerships, earning key media placement, building our base of evangelizers and developing key community ties that will enable Discover Term to increase the number of students it serves each year, surpassing 100 students served in 2026. You will also be the primary day-to-day leader for all other full-time and part-time team members helping to grow the Discover Term mission.
• Organize and co-host in-person Info Session dinners in eight select cities in 2024 that bring 80+ new families into the Discover Term network.
• Create, promote, and co-host four Powder Term and four Surf Term virtual Info Sessions in 2024 that bring in 80+ new families into the Discover Term network.
• Lead the re-ignition of Discover Term digital presence (by March 15) to include organic and paid social promotion that drives over 1,500 new leads into the Discover Term network in 2024.
About Discover Term www.discoverterm.com (Powder Term and Surf Term)
Discover Term is a 5-week adventure for 6th, 7th, and 8th graders that’s physically, academically, and emotionally rigorous and fun, where teens can escape the strains, pains, and distractions of everyday life and take part in an electronic-free alternative education program designed around accelerated learning, developing mastery on the ski mountain, building self-awareness, confidence, leadership skills, and forming personal relationships that will last a lifetime.
We offer teenagers a space to breathe, where unnecessary distractions (cell phones, video games, junk food, tv/computer, internet, social media, lectures) are cut from the environment and replaced with: 34 days of skiing/surfing, 4 field trips, 1 mastery course, 1 leadership course, 2 classic books, and top-notch experiential social studies and science projects... and life-long friends.
We provide the essential tools, experiences, relationships, rigor, and fun that offers teenagers an opportunity to carve their own path