The evacuation coordinator (EC) is responsible for coordinating all details for calls that come in from the field (medical, non-medical, or logistical requests), managing communication gear and medication kits, connecting with pilots, drivers and boat captains and supporting evacuations that occur in-town. While the Evacuation Coordinator’s primary role is managing evac’s when not managing evacuations, you will be supporting the supervision of NOLS Alaska summer courses.
Key Logistical Information:
– Contract Type: Seasonal. Flexible between April and September 2024. This could be a 5-month to 2-month position.
– Preference on have the experience of a senior NOLS Instructor working at course leader level or previous experience in program supervision in similar organizations.
– Temporal housing may be available on-site for approximately $200 monthly fee and participation in daily community chores. (Fee includes food staples, lunch, and dinner when the Main kitchen is open, internet, and shared staff car). The kitchen and living areas are communal.
– Staff are not required to live on-site.
– NOLS provides a travel allowance to support seasonal staff traveling to Palmer, AK, at the start and back to their home base at the end of the season.
NOLS (National Outdoor Leadership School) is a nonprofit global wilderness school that supports thousands of students each year all over the world. Our school began in a small cabin in Sinks Canyon, Wyoming in 1965 as the National Outdoor Leadership School. At that time, we were primarily an outdoors skills school, doing our work in local mountain ranges and exploring what it meant to teach leadership in the backcountry. Today, we are NOLS, a multifaceted wilderness school headquartered in Lander, Wyoming with locations in seven U.S. states and six countries, that supports thousands of students each year all over the world in both field & classroom courses.