Duties (More found in link below)
Assist the Commissary Manager with the following:
– Processing grocery orders and purchases groceries for multiple crews weekly.
– Stocks the food commissary to complete grocery and sundry orders sent by crews for specific delivery dates and times.
– Transports food orders to staging areas.
– Communicates via park radio system, satellite phone and normal phone network with crews to get orders and needs to be received in weekly resupplies.
– Purchases groceries and supplies using government furnished credit card.
– Responsible for the stocking, handling, storage and transport of a full food supply operation for a range of 10-50 personnel during the months of April through October.
– Loads and unloads boxes of groceries with consideration given to safety, security and protection of all items involved.
– Labels all outgoing supplies with label identifier.
The typical seasonal entry-on-duty period is April through October but can be variable during these months due to weather conditions, project needs, or funding.
**Anticipated Entry on Duty: May 2024.**
- Must meet physical demands listed below.
- A valid driver's license is required
- Work is performed both indoors and outdoors.
- Exposed to a variety of seasonal weather conditions while working outdoors (temperatures 100+ degrees). Indoor building temperatures range from 70-90 degrees.
- The work involves sitting, bending, kneeling, twisting, awkward positions, standing, walking on uneven surfaces, and regular lifting of objects 50+ lbs. in weight.
Able to follow instructions
About Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks Trail Crews
Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Parks are home to 2 of only 3 remaining backcountry programs featuring full-time seasonal, fully supported trail crews, allowing employees to live all summer in remote backcountry settings. We run multiple different crews that do a wide variety of trail work, including frontcountry trail crews as well.