Shifts vary between 5 pm – 8 am
Non-Exempt, Pay Range: $18 – $21, DOE
***Currently we have filled all of the open positions, but will keep likely candidate information on file for future openings***
The Recovery Support Specialist team will cover the hours of 5pm – 8 am. There is a 4 week rotating schedule that allows each Recovery Support Specialist to work Full Time and have every other weekend off. Shifts range in length from 7 – 14 hours.
General responsibilities include being a support for counselors and instructors during the evening. Performing duties such as supervision of clients and ensuring adherence to policy and behavior guidelines.
Duties and Responsibilities
– Oversee client activities and safety.
– Ensuring compliance with all policies and procedures.
– Assists clinicians, instructors, and clients as needed.
– Driving responsibilities as assigned.
– Assists clients with their engagement in therapeutic aspects of the program.
– Has situational awareness of clients’ whereabouts at all times and performs bed checks throughout the night.
– Become familiar with 12 step and clinical processes.
– Follows and enforces rules and disciplinary procedures of the clients. Reports any inappropriate patient behaviors, in writing.
– In the event of a medical or clinical emergency or a natural disaster, (i.e. fire) safeguards lives and initiates the crisis management plan.
– Performs clerical functions (i.e., copying, assembling blank charts, answering the telephone) as requested.
– Participates in Quality Assurance functions as assigned.
– Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor
Possess or quickly attain a current First Aid Basic and CPR or greater.
A high school diploma or equivalent.
Demonstrate a basic understanding of the disease concept of Chemical Dependency through education, training, or life experience.
Demonstrate an aptitude for empathy with patients.
Demonstrates the following skills: respect, discretion, regarding self-disclosure, openness to feedback and giving objective feedback.
Must have a valid drivers license.
Possessed excellent written, communication, and interpersonal skills.
Must be able and willing to facilitate a therapeutic environment for clients within their care.
Ability to pass a pre-employment background check and drug test.
If in recovery, must have at least one continuous year of sobriety/abstinence.
Requires basic computer skills
Must be able to stay awake and alert during all shifts.
Able to walk, bend, and move in the course of completing duties.
About Triple Divide Lodge
Triple Divide Lodge is the only program of its kind. It is a 90-day Residential Treatment Program for adolescent males 14-19.
We are a residential treatment program founded on 12 Step program that incorporate elements of adventure and wilderness therapy. We help young men struggling with substance use disorders and related co-occurring disorders.
Our clinical model helps clients overcome their substance use issue by getting outside of their comfort zones and experiencing the growth wilderness inspires.