Aerial Inspection and Maintenance Technicians at the Whitewater Center (Whitewater) are responsible for the construction, inspection, and maintenance of land activities located at the Whitewater Center. Activities include, but are not limited to, zip lines, high and low ropes elements, continuous belay systems, climbing walls, and belayed jumps. Work is performed year-round in an outdoor environment. Technicians can either be hired as full-time, on-site, benefits-eligible employees or seasonal, on-site employees. This position reports directly to the Outdoor Activities Maintenance Manager.
• Inspect, repair, and perform preventative maintenance on all elements and structures associated with Land Activities at the Whitewater Center.
• Assist in the construction of new activities; complete courses, individual elements, and/or the remodeling of existing courses.
• Ensure the safety of guests on highly trafficked activities by completing thorough, regular inspections of all courses and systems with strong attention to detail.
• Other duties as assigned.
• Familiar with quality and safety standards set by the Association for Challenge Course Technology (ACCT) and other relevant organizations.
• Strong background in working at heights, rigging, ropes course management, carpentry, or other related fields.
• Experience working safely and effectively with hand tools and power tools.
• Ability to contribute to a specialized, team-oriented work environment.
• Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and during other Whitewater events as needed.
• Must be able to work outdoors for sustained periods of time in all weather and environmental conditions.
• Must be able to work in shared spaces with other employees and customers.
• Must be able to work comfortably and responsibly at heights of up to 100 feet and occasionally in confined spaces.
• Must be able to lift and carry at least 75 pounds.
• Must be able to safely self-transport over uneven terrain up to a mile or in a confined space.
• Must be able to frequently stand, hang, stoop, reach, climb and visually inspect to identify safety hazards.
• Must be able to bend, stand, lean, and kneel on a regular basis and for sustained periods of time.
• All positions as Whitewater require employees to report and work onsite at Whitewater locations.
Access to Whitewater Center’s pass activities
Staff discount program and pro deals
Health, Dental, Vision, FSA (FT only)
401(k) (FT only)
Paid Time Off (salaried only)
About U.S. National Whitewater Center
The U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) is dedicated to the promotion of the active lifestyle. Since 2006, the USNWC has been promoting access to the outdoors for all levels of participants through its 30+ land and water-based activities, outdoor instruction and certification programs, festivals, races, films, and various outdoor events throughout the year. Whether you visit the Center’s 1,300 acres on the Catawba River or engage in the brand’s mission through one of our off-site initiatives, the USNWC empowers guests to play, relax, and learn outside.