The Outdoor Activities Operations Manager at the Whitewater Center (Whitewater) is a key leadership position with a critical role in the fulfillment of the Whitewater Center brand promise of delivering high-quality experiences. The Operations Manager is responsible for overseeing a supervisory team and managing the day-to-day functions of the operation. This role is on-site, full-time, benefits eligible and reports to the Outdoor Activities Director.
• Develop, implement, and maintain quality assurance and safety protocols.
• Execution of processes and procedures to ensure consistency with company objectives.
• Manage an efficient operation with a strong fiscal awareness to continuously ensure the proper execution of resources.
• Be a key leader in the planning and execution of any additional programming including winter activities.
• Relentless pursuit to create and maintain a culture of safety within the organization.
• Lead, motivate, and support a large team within a demanding environment.
• Create, monitor, and execute training programs for incoming guides as well as continuing education programs for existing guides.
• Maintain constant communication with management and staff to ensure proper operations of the department.
• Create and utilize key tools and metrics to measure team results and hold the team accountable to established goals and objectives.
• Other duties as assigned.
• 4-year degree in Operations Management, Recreation Management, or another related field.
• 5+ years of relevant management experience in operations
• Actively engaged in the enjoyment of outdoor adventures
• Able to communicate clearly and effectively.
• Organized and detail oriented.
• Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, holidays, and during Whitewater events as needed.
• Prior experience working in the outdoor industry.
• Wilderness Medicine or First Aid/CPR certifications
• Health, Dental, Vision, FSA
• Paid Time Off
• Access to the Whitewater Center’s pass activities
• Staff discount program and pro deals
Overview of Department:
The Outdoor Activities Department is responsible for leading and supporting experiences in a variety of water and land-based sports. The department also instructs guests through the Whitewater Center’s Outdoor School and Summer Camps. Outdoor Activities employees engage with guests through an assortment of pass activities and help create memorable outdoor experiences.
About U.S. National Whitewater Center
The U.S. National Whitewater Center (USNWC) is dedicated to the promotion of the active lifestyle. Since 2006, the USNWC has been promoting access to the outdoors for all levels of participants through its 30+ land and water-based activities, outdoor instruction and certification programs, festivals, races, films, and various outdoor events throughout the year. Whether you visit the Center’s 1,300 acres on the Catawba River or engage in the brand’s mission through one of our off-site initiatives, the USNWC empowers guests to play, relax, and learn outside.