Wildlands Restoration Volunteers seeks a Spanish Language bilingual individual who is passionate about WRV’s mission to heal the land and build community to join our team for the 2024 season. Seasonal Restoration Project Coordinators lead group projects in one or more of WRV’s program areas (Natural Habitats, Plants & Pollinators, Vital Rivers, Healthy Forests, Sustainable Trails, and Families & Youth), depending on experience and organizational needs.
This is a full-time, non-exempt, term-limited position with a hybrid remote/in-person schedule. There is flexibility for in-office days to be based either in WRV’s Longmont or Fort Collins offices. Project Coordinators supplement a year-round Program Team of experienced staff and are aided by a large corps of dedicated and inspiring volunteer leaders. Leadership and technical training opportunities are provided, and staff may shadow on additional projects that are of interest in order to gain additional knowledge and experience.
• Fluent in English and Spanish
• Natural resource background or equivalent skills (previous work experience and/or a degree in Ecology, Biology, Botany, Watershed Science, Forestry, Natural Resource Management, Landscaping, Nurseries, Farming, Trails, Outdoor Education, Parks Management, or related fields)
• Experience with habitat restoration or other forms of outdoor stewardship
• Experience with trail maintenance and construction
• Knowledge of native & invasive plant ID
• Project management skills
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• Strong teamwork skills
• Computer proficiency, including Microsoft Office
• Willingness to work evenings/weekends and travel occasionally in-state, as needed
• Able to balance multiple projects and deadlines
• Community-oriented, flexible, and reliable
• Experience with volunteer engagement or group leadership
• Experience working with youth and youth groups, including leadership development
• Experience working with diverse populations
• First Aid/CPR, Wilderness First Aid, or Wilderness First Responder certification, or ability to obtain certifications through training offered by WRV or its partners
• Qualified and experienced in chainsaw (S212 certification); prefer Faller-B or equivalent, or ability to obtain certifications
About Wildlands Restoration Volunteers
WRV is a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, based in Boulder/Longmont and Fort Collins, Colorado. WRV connects people with nature and promotes community-based involvement in the care of public lands. We engage volunteers (youth and adults) in a wide variety of hands-on ecological restoration and other land stewardship activities. Volunteers see the positive impact they can have on our public lands and develop a deep love of the places they have helped to heal. As a force for empowering individuals to "make a difference," since 1999, we have completed over 1,800 projects, with over $15 million of volunteer time contributed toward the stewardship and restoration of Colorado public lands. WRV is committed to providing an inclusive environment for our community. We welcome and value all ideas, experiences and abilities, and we encourage individuals with diverse perspectives and backgrounds to apply. Before applying for this position, we strongly recommend you visit our website at wlrv.org.