Do you love camping and being outside? Are you looking for a fun interactive summer work environment working with youth and families? The YMCA is looking to hire fun, energetic, leaders that love working with children and families as a Camp Program Coordinator in a summer seasonal “full time” role.
Do you like to manage an office? Do you want to make a difference in the lives of others? Do you want to assist in the administrative aspects of camp? The camp program coordinator is a great mission to get behind and is a FUN environment.
The Camp Program Coordinator will assist in developing quality camp programming. The Camp Program Coordinator orders supplies, coordinates all camp schedules and assists with reporting. Oversee daily activities, general camp operations and programs to ensure the camp offices are assisting with camp operations. The Camp Program Coordinator will help with hiring and on-boarding of camp staff.
1. Job Summary:
The Camp Program Coordinator is responsible for all aspects of the camp in the program season. The incumbent assists with the development of quality programs in all camp areas. The incumbent is also responsible for various administrative tasks, which may include ordering supplies, coordinating schedules, and completing all necessary reports.
2. Essential Functions:
· Assist the Camp Director in overseeing the daily activities, general camp operations, and programs to ensure a quality camp during the season of programming.
· Coordinate quality and safety before and after care at all sites. Assist in the development of programming and with hiring and handling staffing.
· Work with special events, promotions, and any other special needs as they arise.
· Ensure that all program area schedules are completed satisfactorily in a timely manner.
· Ensure the maintenance of accurate program and administrative records.
· Ensure that the site is kept clean, organized, and free of litter.
· Be responsible for knowing, understanding, training, and executing all camp policies and emergency procedures associated with the camp.
· Assist in mid-summer and post-summer evaluations with the Camp Program Director.
· Be a leader in parent communication and address parent concerns in a timely manner. Seek the help of the Camp Program Director when necessary.
· Assist with the various administrative tasks necessary for camp to run efficiently.
· See camp specific addendum for program details.
This position reports to the Camp Director who reports to Branch/Camp Sr. Program Director/Executive. The incumbent interacts regularly with camp staff, campers, and parents. This position involves interaction with camp staff, campers and parents from a diverse background.
· Minimum age of 18.
· Adult and Pediatric First Aid & CPR/AED provided by YMCA
About YMCA of the North
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion Statement
YMCA of the North team members exemplify the association’s mission, vision and values – caring, equity, honesty, respect and responsibility – as well as the association’s commitment to diversity and inclusion for those within and outside of the organization. Team members demonstrate cultural competencies and respect for all people’s backgrounds and incorporate cultural, linguistic and familial values and beliefs into programming and organizational culture.
The YMCA of the North is committed to developing plans and strategies to ensure team members and volunteers reflect the demographics of communities being served, as well as providing team members with opportunities for learning and development to enhance diversity, equity and inclusion competencies.